Dynamic landscape design firm in Brooklyn with a diverse portfolio a commitment to sustainable practices is seeking a fabrication draftsperson who is passionate, hard‐working and highly skilled. Must have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience and drafting.
• Develop CAD-based construction plans from mark-ups and drawings prepared by others
• Prepare shop drawings that would include elevations, sections, and other custom landscape elements such as planters, benches, pergolas, and fences
• Review shop drawings returned by the architect/GC with comments and makes corrections as necessary for resubmittal
• Interface with structural engineer if needed
• Survey and document existing field conditions
• Interface with construction manager and fabrication staff to ensure items are buildable and on budget
• Dependable, hard‐working, passionate, self‐directed
• Detailed‐oriented with strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of construction and fabrication methods
• Skilled at multitasking and working toward multiple deadlines.
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino
• 3-D Modeling
Please be sure to include fabrication-level shop drawing examples in your portfolio.
At the forefront of a national design movement focusing on establishing place and identity through ecological design,
Future Green’s work focuses on innovative strategies of integrating landscape into the built environment. We are a unique company, engaging in both speculative, urban, large scale landscape urbanism projects as well as small scale garden and art interventions.
Your application was submitted successfully.